Saturday, December 5, 2009

HELP! White Jacket and makeup stain...how do I get it out?

I bought this lovely Kenneth Cole white blazer...it is polyester/rayon/lycra blend. I LOVE this jacket, and had bought it last winter to wear this spring but couldn't find it for quite some time. Well when I found it, apparently, someone in my household spilled something that appears to be makeup (foundation) alllllllll over my expensive jacket. There is now a HUGE brown stain on it and it is NOT recent. I think it would take a miracle to get this out. I don't even know where to begin; I LOVE this jacket. I'm almost positive it is makeup (probably oil based..if there is a difference when trying to remove stains?) and not a coffee stain. It's pretty bad. Is there anything I can use to get this out? Help would so very much be appreciated!HELP! White Jacket and makeup stain...how do I get it out?
Take it to the dry cleaners and ask them to dry clean it only. If that dont work get the spot wet and sprinkle Oxiclean on the spot and let it set 45 min. to an hour.


TAlking it to the dry cleaners will get all the oil out of it. If it is dry clean only and you bring it back home to try the Oxiclean you can wash it in the washer but DO NOT PUT IN DRYER.HELP! White Jacket and makeup stain...how do I get it out?
Hi,


I worked at the drycleaner a few months ago for 2 yrs. I had many white jackets like your come in with the same problem. this is the way I always removed stains. After you wash the Jacket and air dry it, you may have to take it back the the cleaners and have them the steam press it. Report Abuse

First, make sure the jacket is washable!! (Is it? -- even a lot of dry clean stuff can be on a gentle cycle.)





Then, try some of the links below from eHow.com for ';mystery stains';, makeup stains, all kinds of stains, tips from other users, etc.





Finally, if all else fails, you may try Rit Color Remover -- it takes out all types of dyes and color, so should remove any spots and stains left behind -- but, again, because you have to use hot water, you need to know if your blazer can do this. Try other options first!!





Good luck.
Take it to the Dry Cleaners. They'll get it out!!
Whatever method you do, do not put it in the dryer. It will set the stain. Since it is white, if it is safe to wash, (look at the labels), then I would get it wet in the sink with the stopper in it. Then put on small amt. of bleach for a few seconds. Rinse it and continue the process. Do not pour straight bleach on it without it being wet first or it will turn yellow-brown. I use this method for small stains on white fabrics only and it works for me. Good luck.
I use make-up remover wipes to remove foundation stains from clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn