Thursday, June 24, 2010

I have a light blue (almost white looking) leather coat I have makeup around the collar, how do I clean it?

From what I've been told, leather cleaner doesn't really work on stuff like that but this is my favorite coat and it was fairly expensive I NEED to save it! :-)I have a light blue (almost white looking) leather coat I have makeup around the collar, how do I clean it?
What I have found works well cleaning leather is a product called ';Go-Joe';. It's a white, waterless hand cleaner used by automotive mechanics to clean grease off hands. It's inexpensive and available at auto parts stores. It's not it's intended purpose, but since it's waterless, and very mild, it won't hurt your leather. There is a version that has a mild pumice abrasive that I used on a leather chair which cleaned nicely. Just don't rub too hard! (I'd test in a small spot to see if it has any effect).I have a light blue (almost white looking) leather coat I have makeup around the collar, how do I clean it?
try the leather cleaner but if that doesn't work I would ask someone who is a professional at this stuff!!
Saddle soap. Then follow with a coat of leather conditioner. YBIC
Try rubbing alcohol, get a cotton swab and dab at it, it dries quickly so you wouldnt have to worry about ruining the leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn