Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I have a dark tan complexion.. how can i prevent my face looking white when i wear makeup?

I'm not really sure what kind of mac # foundation i am.. but I'm pretty tan. My problem is that when i put on concealer, or even my foundation, my face looks white. How can i prevent this?? please please help me.. Thanks so much guys...I have a dark tan complexion.. how can i prevent my face looking white when i wear makeup?
You need to buy the correct shade of foundation. It sounds like you're currently wearing a shade that's too light. The correct shade should blend into your skintone and ';disappear'; along the jawline, so that there isn't an obvious line of demarcation where the makeup ends and your skin begins. If you aren't sure which shade is right for you, try a few shades that are slightly lighter than your skintone and a few shades that might be darker, the correct one will ';disappear'; and not look obvious. Ask a sales rep at the MAC counter (or where ever you buy your makeup) to help you find your shade. Once they apply the shade they think matches, go outside to see if you can tell the different between the makeup and your skin (the natural light outdoors is more harsh than the artificial light in the mall or store, and will reveal makeup flaws). If you can, ask for a sample to take home and wear a few times, to see if it is the right shade for you in natural daylight.





If you can't find the right shade at MAC, try Sephora, which has several different brands. You could also try department store brands like Clinique, Shiseido, Chanel, or Laura Mercier.I have a dark tan complexion.. how can i prevent my face looking white when i wear makeup?
My advice is to go to back to MAC and get a new foundation based. I use alot of MAC products and I've had the same problem (I have a dark tan complexion as well). However, I've found that MAC's foundation had a tendency to make me break out after putting it on; right around the chin area. So, I went to Sephora and they matched me perfectly with their foundation. You might want to give them a try as well
bronzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
sunburn